Thursday, March 11, 2010

My first "Thursday's Thirteen!"

I have seen this topic on a few other blogs - so I thought I'd add it to mine.

1. We now have a time honored tradition on Wednesday – it is Pasquale’s pizza night. Not only is it cheap – it usually isn’t crowded because it is a church night. We get to catch up with whomever (usually Wes) tags along and interrogate them on their life. I live for it…

2. With that being said, it was a sad night when we found out Bob – the owner who’s been there for 100 years with no shoes on – can’t drive in the dark anymore. Needless to say we felt Bob’s pain and were sad for him –but Gardendale is a safer place after dark now.

3. The sickness is finally out of my household. It has taken over my workplace. We’ve had three people hacking this weekend and two of them were out sick most of the week. Diagnosis: Walking Pneumonia – uh, no thank you. Dillion and I were down with it for two weeks and we just recuperated only after two rounds of antibiotics. This back and forth/ hot and cold has to go – spring, please enter the atmosphere and stay!

4. This is my second attempt to have a blog up and running – so far so good.

5. Turkey season is just around the corner (or may have already started) but I’m ready for it end. The non-stop clacking and calling is driving me and my hounds insane.

6. Only upside to turkey season – I’m hoping that it will allow me to have a girl’s weekend with my very best friend, Jessica – who left us for greener grass in Atlanta.

7. I LURVE me some Wednesday night TV – last night’s rendition of “Shout” on Modern Family had me and my love laughing hysterically. Cougar Town – need I say more…

8. My latest interest has been in our salt water tank and Dillion has now started asking me day to day if I have anymore collected dead fish. Yes, I have killed almost everything in my tank – but I’m working on it. Reading lots of books, getting advice from experts and I’m happy to say that my two hermit crabs and two fish are enjoying life in their glass box for almost a month now. 

9. I just spent WAY too much money online at Old Navy –shame on you for your 5, 10 & 15 dollar deals!

10. I quite possibly have the best entertainment 5 days a week 8-5. Her name is Lindsey and she works about 2 feet away from me. Our latest discovery is salsa – morning, noon & night. Yummy.

11. I spent last Saturday morning with my niece, Emily. I love hanging out with her mainly because she is just so darn cute. We ate breakfast together and then made my weekly trip to Ed’s. I was a little concerned because, hey - she is five and there are some snakes and lizards in Ed’s that are quite frankly much larger than her. However, what was she scared of, mice and rats. Her Nonna has gotten to her with her dreams of rats biting her toes… Here is a picture of her from her first hunting trip with Daddy!

12. Jack and Molly had their monthly groom on Saturday also and I must say Mr. Jack looks mighty handsome as he struts around the house wearing his new do and St. Patrick’s day scarf! Molly, well she is already a gorgeous dog and if she wasn’t so dang pretty I might not be so fond of her. She is attached to Dillion’s beck and call and I was the one who rescued her…. Hope this isn’t going to be a pattern with kids – but then again.


13. Finally, yesterday my sister who is 36 weeks prego sent me the 4-D picture of my almost new baby niece, Margaret Sloan. I can already tell that she is going to be so stinkin’ cute. I can’t wait for her to arrive!

No comments:

Post a Comment