Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Life goes on...

Sorry for the posting hiatus - but life got in the way since my last post and while there has been numerous events to talk about - there has been no such time to share...

sadly, St. Patrick's day has gone and past. It was once my favorite - mostly because it gave me an excuse to die food and beverages green - but this year it seemed to pass by just as any other day. This is a big deal if you knew me in college, as you see at one point I was convinced I had a little leprechaun in me and while my family comes from a Scotch Irish - background - I don't have much. Although, it was enough to make my ability to tan, well, zero.

Friday marked a momentous occasion in the Donaldson household. For the first time since 2004 - hubby went to the Dr. I think the Doctor's exact words were, "That is an awful looking ear, adn your "good" one - doesn't look that great either." So after two shots and a prescription of strong antibiotics, the hubster is finally getting some relief from a 3 or 4 year old ear infection. let's just pray that the meds work and we won't be in with an ENT in two weeks...

We celebrated Dillion's grandfathers 75th birthday on Sunday and it was good to get with family and see Granny back on her feet after a few trips in the hospital with her heart.

Monday was my first attempt to cook anything in a crock pot other than chili or a roast - both of which I'd rather cook another way. I can't remember at time in my childhood life that my mom cooked in a crock-pot - so the idea has befuddled me for years. Unfortunately, the business of life has caught up with me and the use of a crock- pot has captured my heart. First attempt was pepper steak. Standards were set high as we had just had homemade pepper steak for family dinner at my mom's the week before - but overall I was pleased - and more importantly D enjoyed it as well. So here is to a new, convenient way of cooking with out all the grease!

The countdown has begun, Baby Sloan could be making her appearance at any time. My sister is not due till the 7th - but at the latest Sloan will make her grand entrance by next Tuesday. I can't wait, I just can't wait....

No comments:

Post a Comment